Sunday, November 3, 2013

Scandal Season 3, Episode 5 - "More Cattle, Less Bull"

This weeks episode was better than last weeks. Amen. When the episode started with Jake in Mr. Pope's house stealing "Operation Remington" files, I knew it was going to get real good, real fast but we'll get back to that. 

Lisa Kudrow as Democratic Congresswoman Josephine Marcus did a great job. Her character was introduced when she was interviewing Olivia to run her presidential campaign. Olivia gave it to her straight, no chaser.  When she said "you're in highschool, visiting college for the weekend....I can fix that..." I damn near spit my drink out laughing, until Josie told her her real motives. I did not know what to expect. When Liv sent them to the country where Josie was from, I was not feeling Quinn this episode. She is going off the deep end or something but we'll see.... OF course, as fixers, they fixed the problem, kinda. When Cyrus' flunkie realized Olivia was ahead of the game and he called Cyrus, I lost it. I think "We got poped" replaced "It's handled" as my favorite catch phrase thus far. Back to the story when the nurse admitted hte baby was not put up for adoption,  they figured it out in 3 seconds that the sister was the daughter...and my head spun. Too much. I'm not saying they were being stereotypical of the south but a sister/daughter?!? Anyways, Josie refused to acknowledge that her sister was really her daughter until Governor Reston had her on the spot at the debate, in a strange turn of events, she won over everyone but fired Olivia after. WTF?!?! The correspondence dinner scene was nice. Olivia looked stunning in her black and white gown. Fitz told the joke she told him to say. Blah blah blah. I was kinda bored at that point until Secret Service came for Olivia and she thought she was meeting Fitz...but Mellie was behind the door. Mellie being her conniving self, tried to persuade and guilt Olivia into running Fitz re-election campaign. She implied they owe him from rigging the last election and Fitz needs her. SMH. When Mellie said "Come back to us", I was done. Hmmm... What else? Abby not going to the dinner because of her ex husband is something I am sure will develop further into the season. Josie asked Olivia to come back to work for her at the end. Olivia said no because we all know she wants to go work for Fitz but the kicker is...Jake and Huck discovered Fitz may or may not have killed Liv's mother. Ish just got real over at Scandal.... I'm anxious for next week. My last question is- Where the hell is Harrison's storyline this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment