Sunday, October 27, 2013

Scandal Season 3 Episodes 1 -4

After the way Season 2 ended, I was hoping they would pick up where they left off and they did. So, lets break it down by episodes.

Episode 1 "It's Handled" - First of all, it was a relief to know Olivia's dad was not trying to have her killed but the way he was trying to force her to disappear had me worried. When he said "The white house will destroy you!" and she replied "Funny, that's what mom used to say about you." and rolled up her window, was perfection. I was glad that she got the heat taken off of her for the affair but was curious to see how things would fare with Jenine. Also, her clients will all be back, let's not read too much into that. I was ready for episode 2.

Episode 2 "Guess Who's Comin To Dinner - So, the flashback scenes that provided us a glimpse as to how Olivia and Huck met were done to perfection. I actually got a little sad at some of the scenes. I still am not a fan of Eli Pope though. Umm.. all in all, Jenine played herself. She was going to lie for money, Fitz beat her to it but Abby told her she'd get her book deals and interviews and ended it with "this is what you wanted" was everything. Sally Langston is starting to work my last nerve. Huck choking Olivia was hard to watch and I was glad to see Jake Ballard was alive. Damn, I could not wait for episode 3. 

Episode 3 "Mrs. Smith Goes To Washington" - This episode was crazy. I struggled with seeing Huck going through his issues. That poor woman with the bomb had me on the edge of my seat. When Olivia opened the window shades and stood there for the snipers to see her, that was brave and dumb. Abby and David are still in love; they need to get it together. Mellie's monologue about "Saint Olivia Pope" was raw and emotional. The ending with Olivia and Huck was so real and compelling. Bring on episode 4.

Episode 4 "Say Hello To My Little Friend" - This episode was kind of mediocre to me. I think it set up future story lines and put a dramatized spin on Anthony Weiner but this episode was very  blah. I was shocked when they figured out the wife was the killer though. I wish I had more to say but the episode was not that memorable. I will have a review of episode 5 up following the episode. I look forward to Lisa Kudrow appearing on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment